The Vineyard School PTA
Welcome to the parents' website of The Vineyard School, Richmond!
We empower pupils, teachers and fellow parents and carers to support the growth of each child at The Vineyard School to his or her highest potential.
Upcoming Events - Don't miss out !
- Saturday 17th March > RICHMOND SKATING!
Public skating at The Vineyard School on Saturday March 17! General admission and heritage exhibition are FREE! Tickets for ice skating and other attractions are available at: http://buytickets.at/thevineyardschoolpta/143505
More details at: https://site.vineyardpta.org/events
Other Upcoming Events:
- Tough Mudder - Saturday 5th May
- Richmond May Fair - Saturday 12th May
- Disco night - Thursday 24th May
- Summer Fair - Saturday 16th or 23rd June
- Sponsored Walk - Thursday 5th July
Other ideas: Quiz night? Nutrition focussed dinner in school? Movie night? Mugs? Tea Towels? Another Silent Auction?
Email email@example.com if you would like join the fun!
About the Vineyard School PTA
- Serve as a model for (fun) parental support of a state primary school in the United Kingdom.
- In order of importance the role of the PTA is to:
- Connect teachers to parents and carers
- Convene the Vineyard Community
- Raise funds to elevate The Vineyard School beyond the level of minimum state funding. (State standards of funding do not include funding for the library, an additional photocopy machine, AV equipment, smartboards, playground equipment and many elements of the school that our children use every day.)
How we act
- The Vineyard PTA acts with:
- Openness: We listen closely to parents and operate transparently.
- Efficiency: We aim to make it easy to help your child’s school and we value any form of contribution, from time to money, ideas or cake.
- Fun: We are an inclusive group that people want to join (and are welcome to do so)
How is the PTA Structured?
The PTA is a flat organisation of which every parent or carer is an automatic member.
For efficiency, there are several sections to the PTA. Core functions are the following:
1. Core support functions: Chair, Secretary and treasurer
- Work with parents and carers to set vision and priorities
- Ensure all necessary roles are filled
- Enable all forms of communication
- Account for money raised and spent
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Find, prioritise and approach organisations local and national that may be willing to support financially or other ways
- Ensure the legal entity delivers books to the charity commission, pays insurance, etc
- Maintain PTA assets remain in good working order (wooden hut, noticeboard, store room, etc )
2. Class Reps: Class Rep Coordinator and Class Reps
- Ensure each class has two Class Reps
- Enhance connection between the individual parents and teachers in each class
3. Event Leads
- Coordinate our school-wide and other events (e.g., Fireworks, Summer Fair, May Fair, etc)
- How can I donate to The Vineyard via autopay? (The PTA UK 2017 Parent survey found that one third of parents donate monthly to their state school. At The Vineyard, parents autopay between 5 pounds and 50 pounds per month.)
- The Vineyard PTA Facebook Page
- PTA.org.uk - A great resource with templates for events checklists, etc. Anyone can access, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charity Commission page for the Vineyard PTA and Friends of the Vineyard
- Suggestions and feedback for the PTA
- School funding links
- Institute of Fiscal studies report: Long-run comparisons of spending per pupil across different stages of education
- National Union of Teachers Spending Cuts Estimator for all schools. (This may be somewhat inaccurate due to growth of Vineyard School. )
- Schools Financial Benchmarking by government
Note to all Parents
Every new parent or carer joining the school automatically becomes a member of the Vineyard School PTA.
The PTA is not "them", it is us. It is you.
What sort of school does your child deserve?
We run a number of events every year, ranging from small activities such as the 2nd hand uniform sales and quiz nights to large events such as the fireworks and the summer fair which also attract the wider community.
One of the aims of these events is to bring the school community closer together and give families the opportunity to meet within and across year groups.
But in times of tight government funding, the PTA also fulfils an important role in topping up that funding to buy, build and enable additional resources such as upgraded class rooms, the Science Garden, Creative Arts Week, the Early Learning Garden and equipment for the libraries and teaching kitchen.
How can you help your child's school?
- Volunteer to help man a stall at an event (a great opportunity to meet other parents)
- Sign up to be a class rep (Details on the role here)
- Help organise an event or take on a micro project
- Join PTA committee
We are very keen to involve new parents, and the work of the PTA is part of what makes the Vineyard the great school it is.
We all lead very busy lives, and spare time is tight, but with so many different ways to get involved, there are options for everyone and it's a fantastic way of socialising and becoming part of the school community.