The Vineyard School PTA
Welcome to parents' website of The Vineyard School, Richmond!
Ice Skating Returns to Richmond! Public skating at The Vineyard School on Saturday March 3 - More details soon
Draft program of upcoming events (schedule may change and let us know if you want to get involved in the fun!)
Ice Skating Rink - Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd March
Tough Mudder - Saturday 5th May
Richmond May Fair - Saturday 12th May
Disco night - Thursday 24th May
Summer Fair - Saturday 16th or 23rd June
Sponsored Walk - Thursday 5th July
Other ideas: Quiz night? Nutrition focussed dinner in school? Movie night? Mugs? Tea Towels? Another Silent Auction?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like join the fun!
Launched late September 2017 this website is an ongoing group effort. Additions, edits and comments very welcome! Please email email@example.com
We empower pupils, teachers and fellow parents and carers to support the growth of each child at The Vineyard School to his or her highest potential.
Serve as a model for (fun) parental support of a state primary school in the United Kingdom.
In order of importance the role of the PTA is to:
- Connect teachers to parents and carers
- Convene the Vineyard Community
- Raise funds to elevate The Vineyard School beyond the level of minimum state funding. (State standards of funding do not include funding for the library, an additional photocopy machine, AV equipment, smartboards, playground equipment and many elements of the school that our children use every day.)
How we act
The Vineyard PTA acts with:
- Openness: We listen closely to parents and operate transparently.
- Efficiency: We aim to make it easy to help your child’s school and we value any form of contribution, from time to money, ideas or cake.
- Fun: We are an inclusive group that people want to join (and are welcome to do so)
How can I donate to The Vineyard via autopay? (The PTA UK 2017 Parent survey found that one third of parents donate monthly to their state school. At The Vineyard, parents autopay between 5 pounds and 50 pounds per month.)
Every new parent or carer joining the school automatically becomes a member of the Vineyard School PTA.
The PTA is not "them", it is us. It is you.
What sort of school does your child deserve?
We run a number of events every year, ranging from small activities such as the 2nd hand uniform sales and quiz nights to large events such as the fireworks and the summer fair which also attract the wider community.
One of the aims of these events is to bring the school community closer together and give families the opportunity to meet within and across year groups.
But in times of tight government funding, the PTA also fulfils an important role in topping up that funding to buy, build and enable additional resources such as upgraded class rooms, the Science Garden, Creative Arts Week, the Early Learning Garden and equipment for the libraries and teaching kitchen.
How can you help your child's school?
· Volunteer to help man a stall at an event (a great opportunity to meet other parents)
· Sign up to be a class rep (Details on the role here)
· Help organise an event or take on a micro project
· Join PTA committee
We are very keen to involve new parents, and the work of the PTA is part of what makes the Vineyard the great school it is.
We all lead very busy lives, and spare time is tight, but with so many different ways to get involved, there are options for everyone and it's a fantastic way of socialising and becoming part of the school community.
School funding links
Institute of Fiscal studies report: Long-run comparisons of spending per pupil across different stages of education
National Union of Teachers Spending Cuts Estimator for all schools. (This may be somewhat inaccurate due to growth of Vineyard School. )
Schools Financial Benchmarking by government
Resources and links:
Upcoming meetings and events (to be updated as dates are confirmed)
Welcome Drinks, live music and meet the new head teacher - Thursday September 28 from 7pm
Drink the Dregs Party (PTA Meeting) - Thursday October 12 (7.30-8pm Fireworks; 8pm onwards - other PTA agenda items)
Fireworks Night - November 11
Christmas Fair - December
Summer Fair -
Sponsored Walk - June
How is the PTA Structured?
The PTA is a flat organisation of which every parent or carer is an automatic member.
For efficiency, there are several sections to the PTA
Core functions with a summary (in draft form):
1- Core support functions: Chair, Secretary and treasurer
- Work with parents and carers to set vision and priorities
- Ensure all necessary roles are filled
- Enable all forms of communication
- Account for money raised and spent
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Find, prioritise and approach organisations local and national that may be willing to support financially or other ways
- Ensure the legal entity delivers books to the charity commission, pays insurance, etc
- Maintain PTA assets remain in good working order (wooden hut, noticeboard, store room, etc )
2- Class Reps: Class Rep Coordinator and Class Reps
- Ensure each class has two Class Reps
- Enhance connection between the individual parents and teachers in each class
3- Event Leads: Coordinate our school-wide and other events
- Fireworks, Summer Fair, May Fair, etc